We'll get through this crisis together
The coronavirus pandemic has temporarily changed life as we know it. Our children aren’t in school. Many of us are working from home. Communication with extended family and friends is limited to a phone call, video chat, or a letter.
As we all deal with the new realities brought on by this pandemic, I want to assure you that Rock Energy Cooperative will continue to provide you with safe and reliable energy at an affordable cost. After a sufficient supply of food and water, energy is the No. 1 thing you need to maintain some sense of normalcy during this uncertain time.
We thought you might want to know some of the steps we’ve taken to keep energy flowing to your homes and businesses while maintaining the health and well-being of our employees and our members. We have:
- Postponed the annual meeting that was scheduled for March 30. Details about the rescheduled meeting are in the planning stages and will be announced when finalized.
- Closed our lobbies to prevent the spread of germs. Instead of paying your bill in person, we’re encouraging you to use our drop boxes, online and phone payment options, kiosk, and the mail.
- Limited face-to-face contact by having some office employees work from their homes.
- Staggered the shifts of outside workers so they’re not all in the warehouse at the same time.
- Required crew members to ride in individual trucks to maintain the 6-foot social distancing rule.
- Provided lineworkers and gas technicians with safety masks to wear if they need to enter members’ homes or businesses.
- Upgraded our cleaning and disinfecting routines.
- Made better use of technology to communicate with each other.
- Ensured that we have the needed materials and equipment by constantly monitoring the supply chain.
Concern for Community is one of the seven cooperative principles that guide all co-ops, and we believe these actions will help keep everyone safe during this pandemic. We’re dedicated to doing what we can to fulfill our civic duty and live up to the trust that our members place in us to bring energy to their homes, businesses, and farms.
Because our members also are facing financial concerns during this crisis, we will not charge penalties for late payments or disconnect service for nonpayment or low funds until further notice. Your energy usage will be metered as usual, and statements will continue to include accumulated amounts owed. Even though service will not be disconnected, members are encouraged to pay their energy bill as they can to avoid a larger balance in the future.
Rock Energy is committed to helping members who truly need assistance. If you’re having financial difficulty, please call us at 866-752-4550 so we are aware of your circumstances and can make payment arrangements with you.
If you’d like to help your neighbors who are having financial difficulty during this crisis, please consider donating to Project Lift Up, the co-op’s voluntary member donation program. Money given to Project Lift Up helps fund Rock Cooperative Care, the program that assists Rock Energy members with their energy bills.
Even though our lives have changed considerably in the past couple months, one thing is certain. Rock Energy will continue to provide you with the excellent service that you deserve and have come to expect. We continue responding to power outages and natural gas emergencies on a timely basis while also maintaining our energy distribution system. Payments to your accounts are posted on a timely basis, and we’re available to answer your energy-related questions.
Our focus here is on doing our part to keep your life as normal as possible through this situation and beyond. The cooperative way of doing business has brought us this far, and the cooperative way will help us through this crisis.
Please visit our website regularly for news about the co-op related to the pandemic. You also can stay informed by registering to receive important email messages from Rock Energy by clicking on Sign Up for Our Emails.
We wish all the best to everyone. Stay healthy, and we will get through this together the cooperative way! Please let us know if we can do anything to improve our service to you.